“Maybe I’m not as critical as I used to be, my standards are lower. Death… do you think that wouldn’t have am impact on me. I keep on telling you this but you never seem to hear me, I am not the same person”
“What about ambition, do you still have that?”
“Not the way you are thinking about it, I don’t care if I win the Pulitzer Prize…. That drive for external validation, if that is ambition, then yeah, I suppose that is gone. I finally get it. Everything is an inside job. I can’t control the universe; I can only control my reaction to it.”
“People say this kind of thing on deodorant commercials; they don’t actually live this way. Vincent, it is non-sense. There are things we can control, and we should control”
“Like jobs and children? Has that worked for you? If if has, keep on doing it. This is my epiphany…”
-- Vincent from Judging Amy